Thames Salon – Body Piercing Studio – After Care Healing Serum
1. Scrub hands thoroughly.
2. First the container (eggcup) used to hold the serum and water solution must be sterilized with boiling water.
3. The eggcup is then 1/3 filled with boiling water and left to cool.
4. Then add 8 drops of Synapse Healing Serum to the 1/3 full eggcup. The solution is now ready for use. This is weak solution that does not irritate or inflame the new tissue that is forming within the new piercing.
5. A new cotton bud is dipped into the solution and gently squeezed above the piercing allowing the solution to flood into and around the new piercing.
6. A very gentle wriggle of the jewellery in the piercing will help facilitate the solution flooding into the new piercing. This is important as the serum will form a micro-fine coating around the piercings new wall and help stop any bacteria entering the blood stream. This is particularly important during the first few weeks of a new piercings life. It can take 2-3 weeks for the new skin to form inside a new piercing, until this happens the wound is in effect open and exposed.
7. After a short while soaking, any matter and serum should be gently wiped away from the piercing site with a new cotton bud.
8. No`s 5-7 should be carried out on both entry and exit holes of the piercing.
9. After bathing the piercing should be gently dried with a new dry cotton bud.
10. With a new piercing this process is carried out twice daily for the first fortnight and once daily for the second 2 weeks.
11. Thereafter clean as necessary.
The above are instructions for use with new healthy piercings. A small amount of redness and swelling is usual with a new piercing.
The serum can also be used undiluted if a slight infection is present. The Serum is applied undiluted for 3 days the used diluted for a fortnight afterwards. If infection persists –consult your doctor or piercer.