St Mary’s Street Wallingford c 1906.
The large imposing building on the left is the police station (now the arcade), a postman can be seen delivering mail. Bartlett’s cobblers is next door, the man with the bicycle is standing in front of the “Railway Arms”, public house, opposite is the Queen’s Head. The lady towards the front right of the picture is stood outside Chapmans Furniture Store, which is now The Thames Salon.
Mr Peter Eltham (back left) – Working in Brize Norton before opening the Thames Salon.
The Thames salon was purchased by Mr Peter Allen Eltham on the 1st December 1958 from Mr Rodford.